Friday, May 28, 2021

Mensa, Densa, Schmenshma

 As I always point out every time I hear about Mensa, I’d love to join but I’m already a charter member of Densa.  


We’re very large organization, I think. It’s hard to tell because none of us are capable of keeping records or making estimates. We do have a lot of meetings; only no one ever comes because we’re not very good at organizing things and we don’t know who our members are anyway.


I should add that the moment I meet someone and they inform me that they are a proud member of Mensa, my opinion of them drops 50 IQ points right on the spot. Can we rename Mensa, Smugma?  Or Boastma?


Anyway you look at it, when I think about it, I wouldn’t join Mensa if I could. I’d be too ashamed.


Note: the above comments do not include the child in this case. She is two years old. I do not think she is accountable for the actions of her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment