Saturday, September 10, 2022

Rain, Rain

Surprisingly pleasant day today. It was difficult. It had its strains and stresses.  

And then it rained. Not The Rains of Ranchipur, but still, The Rains Came.

I have always loved the rain. I can’t remember a time when it didn’t delight me. When I was very young the bubbles rain would make in the gutters would sail away.  They  were to me strange dome shaped ships. The sound of the rain on an umbrella or a rain hat is one of the most pleasant sounds in the world. And, although it’s a bit hard now, I still feel the urge to stomp and splash in every puddle I see.


Rain rain, go away

Come again another day                                              

Little Johnny wants to play                   


Became for me:


Rain rain, come today

Come and do not go away

Little Jimmy wants to play


Woolley cat sees things differently. He has spent the day sitting on the porch glaring at the rain. He won’t come in the house except for a moment or two. He instead prefers to sit out there to… Intimidate the rain?


Anyway, in spite of having a very difficult morning, I decided to write a brief poem to reflect my pleasure with the weather.


Rain, Rain


Rain

Blessed rain

Giving of life to all the land


Rain 

My friend

Bring your sounds of peace


Rain

Earth’s shower bath

Come make the desert Bloom


Rain

My childhood love

Come heal the wounds of time

No comments:

Post a Comment