Friday, October 7, 2022

Watering Thoughts

While watering this morning I wrote these  down.  They’re entirely unpolished and I may just leave them as they are or I may pick them up again and change them or expand them. But this is what I thought and felt while I was watering this morning.

Deleted three words from the first poem and added a stanza break. But otherwise exactly as I wrote them with my smart phone in one hand and a hose in the other.

                 Shovel


Shovel 

Shining new and sharp

Shovel

Digger of foundations

Shovel

Layer of the garden

Shovel

Rusting by the grave it dug

Shovel



            Crown of Thorns

This crown of thorns is mine. 

I did not want it 

Hate it so

 But it is mine


 I could rip it off 

And leave the scars to heal 

But it is my blood 

I will shed it where I will

No comments:

Post a Comment