Friday, March 18, 2016

Blessed Am I, For I Deserve It

The original post:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kelssseyharmon/status/710257327031451648

One girl’s Tweet about having dinner with her grandfather is going viral and breaking hearts around the world because of its gut-wrenching backstory.

Kelsey Harmon, from Oklahoma, posted this photo of dinner with “Papaw”, saying that he’d invited his six grandchildren over but Kelsey was the only one to show up.
dinner with papaw tonight...❤️ he made 12 burgers for all 6 grandkids and I'm the only one who showed. 😢 love him

My response: I feel your pain, papaw, literally. Four of my grandchildren do this to me every holiday and every day because I wouldn't disown the rest of my children and grandkids in favor of them and their mom. In fairness to my beloved Lost Lambs, their mother, Four square copastor that she is, says I should obey her, my "true daughter". (The family she wanted me to disown may not be genetically mine, but ALL my children and grandchildren are mine; they are totally mine now and forever.)
Two of those 'not true' grandkids are spending the weekend and driving me crazy. They are real grandkids to me and I cherish every precious moment with them, their siblings, their cousins, their parents, their aunts, and all those my Prodigal Daughter wanted me to disown. And, yes, in spite of years of emotional neglect and abuse, I love my Prodigal Daughter and my neglectful Lost Lambs just as much.
No amount of neglect or hurtfulness will ever tarnish my love for all of my children and all of my grandchildren. I choose every single one, even when that choice brings suffering from the Pharisee branch of my family.

1 Col 13:4,13. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Please pray for my Prodigals. Their judgement and rejection of the family that loves them is a sickness that eats at their souls, even as they puff up with pride at their self declared piety.

Updated Comments:

I love you Poppy ! I'll always be your daughter

Dad I want to say that you are one of the strongest men I know your my hero ...you have been cast aside because of you loving us kids as your own ....even though we're not fruit of your loins we are fruit of your heart ... I'm appalled at the way you are being treated and how your lambs are lost ...I wish that they would wake up and find out what a wonderful father papa and poppy you could be if they would allow you too! I will promises you this ...I will never wonder ...I will never not be there for you as you have been as I when was a child and now ...I will never disrespect you forsake you or stay away ...I may not be your real daughter but I am your daughter .... Enough said Poppy ....I love you! I choose you all them years ago ....I knew you would be my perfect dad !


Me: The best love is love returned. Real family is the family that stands beside you and delights in your joys and carries you through your pain. Whatever the hurt caused by those who have abandoned us, the rest of us stand together and love together. You all keep me going, whatever strength I have, it is rooted in all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment