Sunday, February 3, 2013

Second Amendment, Third President


Speaking of the Second Amendment, it's time to draw your own political cartoon again!

First panel: A woman is sitting up in bed. Her husband is standing in the doorway in his pajamas with a smoking gun in his hand. She asks "Did you get him? Did you get the burglar who was breaking in?"

He replies, "Well, Sweetheart, the good news is that the person who was sneaking into the house is dead and I still got 25 rounds of my extended magazine."

Second panel: The wife asks, "What's the bad news?"

He replies, "That person breaking into the house… was our daughter trying not to get caught sneaking in after curfew."

Third panel: The wife then states, "At least you don't have to reload, in case the next one IS a burglar."

If you don't get it, "A gun in the home -- thus available for self-defense -- is 22 times more likely to be used in an assault or homicide, an accidental shooting or a suicide or attempted suicide." So, if your goal is a safer family, you might want to rethink the gun.

And I repeat, I am a gun owner who enjoys recreational shooting. However, my guns and ammunition are stored separately and safely. I do not feel the need for the "protection" of a firearm and I am disgusted by the idea of "defending" myself against the US Army by shooting down our soldiers in the streets. I have no "bug out plan" and I do not anticipate the end of civilization.

Yes, Jefferson said, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure." But he also said that Blacks "are inferior to the whites in the endowments both of body and mind". In other words, he wasn't always right.

No comments:

Post a Comment