Sunday, June 23, 2013

Song for Moonshadow


As you know, I'm posting links to the songs which, when I hear them, always make me think of a particular person for whom I care very deeply. That isn't to say that the songs accurately describe that person, or his or her life. It's more that they evoke the feelings I have about that person. They make you realize, well, they make me realize, how much I love that individual and why.

This one's for my last duchess, I mean wife...you know:

That’s my last Duchess painted on the wall,
Looking as if she were alive...Doh! I'm quoting Robert Browning. I think I'd better stop that. That poem has the wrong meaning anyway.

Note the longer, original lyrics of this old Scots ballad that are entered on the YouTube page, along with comments about the song's history.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqHJ4V893e0

No comments:

Post a Comment