Saturday, June 22, 2013

Song for Racquell

I wonder how many people can say this, but I have songs that I attach to particular people. I suspect many do this, but then I'm not so sure. At any rate, I'm going to try to go ahead and post links to the songs that, when I hear them, always make me think of a particular person for whom I care very deeply. That isn't to say that the songs accurately describe that person, or his or her life. It's more that they evoke the feelings I have about that person. They make you realize, well, they make me realize, how much I love that individual and why.

Today's posting is for my middle girl, Racquell. There are elements of the song that are accurate and elements of the song that are not. But taken altogether, it does evoke her in my mind. So here's to you, Kid.

http://www.songstube.net/video.php?title=Mary%20Was%20An%20Only%20Child&artistid=1204&artist=Art%20Garfunkel&id=202373

No comments:

Post a Comment