Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Whiny Guy Saves The, I Mean, Loses a Day!




Whiny guy strikes again! …flops again?  I just discovered that today is Wednesday. That's not so unusual. I often feel like I have lost or gained a day based on discovering that the date isn't what I thought it was. What's different about today is that I am absolutely convinced that it's Tuesday even after I've discovered that it isn't.  I haven't just lost track of the days, which happens on at a least weekly basis; this time a day has genuinely disappeared. I'm sure I had it just yesterday but somehow I've lost it.

This is both terribly disturbing and at the same time not really that bad. Taking them in order, it's extremely bad because I have lost today. I feel as if I laid down in bed last night and woke up two days later.  That harkens back to the bad old days when I could lose two or three or, in some extreme cases, even four days.  At least, I think it sometimes added up to four days.  To tell you the honest truth, I really am not sure. I know I've lost as many as three days and I'm pretty sure that once or twice I lost four. Pretty sure.

So the bad news is for the first time in six years, it's happened again. Unless it's the first time in seven years…Who knows?

Now to get to the good news!  No, really, there is some good news.  Specifically, the good news is that if I lost a day, and I did, it wasn't due to the most terrifically intense levels of vertigo.  Those are the really bad days, the ones I've referred to occasionally in previous posts. Those are the times when, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'm off the scale. It's so bad there is simply no way to rate it.

That didn't happen this time.  Obviously, I have not been doing very well. I'm sorry to admit that that's been extended over the past couple of months, which are, essentially, a very poorly focused blur . Nevertheless, although I have once again found myself cut adrift in time like a character out of a science-fiction movie, the day disappeared with the minimum amount of suffering.  I even got out yesterday to restock the dwindling supplies in my freezer -- unless that was the day before yesterday.

So, although I have lost a day, I don't feel that I spent it in hell. I don't think I used that particular reference before to the public, but yeah, it's actually that bad. Only this time it wasn't!

So if I, as Whiny Guy, am the bearer of bad tidings, I'm also the bearer of not so bad tidings. I guess that's gonna have to be good enough.

And hey, if it's only gonna happen once every six or seven years and it's with a minimum of suffering and if it's only one day lost, that ain't so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment