Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Offended? Sorry To Disappoint You, But No

From Facebook

S posted this from R:

I pledge allegiance to the flag
If United States of America
And to the republic for which it stands
One nation under God
With liberty and justice for all

...My generation grew up saying this every morning in school with my hand on my heart. They no longer do this for fear of offending someone.

Let’s see how many Americans will repost this and not care about offending someone!

E:  Don't  know what state you live in but it is required  by the education code in California. Check it out yourself.  Page 1386 article 2

S:  Arizona.

D:  "With liberty and justice for all"

...as long as people are hearing, understanding and practicing the words that they are saying, I'm all for it.

M:  I just don't say the "under god" part.  I believe in separation of church and state.  I don't believe there is a "god", and I am fully aware that the addition of those two words were done during a particularly dark period in our nation's policies and politics during the las century.  They weren't in the original.

Me:  M,  I’m with you.  The whole controversial problem was easily solved back when it was a huge issue. Let those who believe they should say under God,  say under God and those who don’t believe they should say under God, not say under God. Problem not merely solved, problem ceases to exist. Don’t see why anyone was ever offended by this.

If the conversation continues, I’ll add anything worth repeating here in my blog comments.   I want to add that I find it interesting that the incredibly fragile, endlessly offended conservative Republicans are always accusing liberals and others who are not of their tribe of being offended all the time.  Odd, isn’t it?

I’m afraid I offend them by not being offended by them.  After all, I wouldn’t want to be offensive, especially not with someone who is so obsessed with offending other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment