Saturday, July 31, 2021

Poem Night Bird

 A throwaway line from a manga last night got me thinking so I wrote this poem.  It’s pretty much the way it came out of my head with a very few minor changes (change the word “the” to the word “a”, for example).

I can see a few ways I could make it much more structured instead of completely blank verse. But then I’d have to add a couple more stanzas. I like it the way it is, so I’ll probably leave it. Then again, maybe I’ll make a second version. I don’t know yet. Anyway, here it is:


Night Bird


Homeless

Flying 

Through a new moon sky

Flying free

Unfettered

Unbound

Homeless


New moon 

Dark moon

Black sky moon

Moon that is but isn’t


Guide me

Guide me with your darkness

Guide me home again


For I am all alone

No comments:

Post a Comment